If you are looking for a quick lunch or even a fast dinner option that is healthy and filling this Ahi Tuna Nicoise Salad Recipe is perfect. A spring or summer salad that is great for every occasion and so flavorful.
Ahi Tuna Nicoise Salad Recipe
This Ahi Tuna Nicoise Salad takes mere minutes to throw together and will give you the energy to make it the rest of the day! Filling and so delicious, it is the perfect lunch recipe with the right amount of veggies and protein. Made with some olives, sweet peppers, boiled eggs, tuna, asparagus, and tomatoes. The dressing for this Nicoise salad is so delicious and can be used for any other salad recipe.
Nicoise Salad Dressing
Here is what you need for this salad dressing:
Dijon mustard, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, dried thyme or basil, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Add all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
Nicoise salad history
Nicoise salad originated in the French city Nice. Traditionally, it is made with hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, olives, tuna or anchovies, and an olive oil or vinaigrette dressing.
Salmon or Tuna Nicoise
This salad can be made with either canned tuna or fresh seared tuna. Whichever you choose to go with will still taste amazing. Most people like to use canned tuna because it is just so much easier. Another favorite protein choice would be salmon. Some use seared salmon or smoked salmon. If you would like to keep this salad vegetarian skip the meat and add some boiled and sliced potatoes.
Making this Tuna Nicoise Salad Recipe?
Did you make this Nicoise Salad Recipe? Let me know what you think of it in the comments below and also tag me with #healthyfitnessmeals on Instagram so I can see it! Find me on Pinterest so you don’t miss any of my posts.
A few other recipes you should check out:
Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Tuna Nicoise Salad Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Ahi Tuna Nicoise Salad Recipe
- 2-4 ounce Ahi tuna steaks
- 2 hard-boiled eggs halved
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup halved black olives such as kalamata or Nicoise
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow or red bell pepper
- 1 cup steamed asparagus or green beans
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme or basil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided use
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over high heat. Season the tuna steaks to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the tuna for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the desired level of doneness.
- Let the tuna cool for 5 minutes then thinly slice.
- In a small bowl whisk together the dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the salad greens between two bowls. Drizzle the greens with the dressing.
- Arrange the tuna, hard-boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, olives, bell pepper and asparagus over the top of the greens. Serve.
Fyi, meant in nicest way… A Nicoise Salad is french.
Thanks for letting me know Anabirgite! I will fix it right now