A perfectly Roasted Cilantro Chickpeas Recipe that is gluten-free, paleo, and vegan-friendly. They make for a perfect snack or can be added over salad. So crispy, tasty and easy to make.
Super Easy and Tasty Roasted Cilantro Chickpeas Recipe
One thing that gets most of us is snacking on the wrong stuff? If you are one of those people that love to constantly snack and is looking for a HEALTHY snack option then you have to make this Roasted Cilantro Chickpea recipe. They are just perfect for snacking. They are also great to use as salad toppers! They are gluten-free and Vegan-friendly. Snack your way to a healthier you!
Do Chickpeas have any health benefits?
Chickpeas are loaded with nutrients that are so good for you. Besides the fact that they are a great source of protein for vegans and people with gluten allergy, Chickpeas have high amounts of iron, Vitamin K, Vitamin B-6, folate, magnesium and so much more. They are high in fiber and helps regulate your insulin level. Chickpeas contain minerals such as calcium and phosphate which promotes bone health. More reasons to snack on those roasted chickpeas eh?
Are chickpeas easy to digest?
Want to make this Roasted chickpea recipe but worried about whether you can easily digest it? Another name for Chickpeas is garbanzo beans which is a type of legume. Legumes are much easier digested because they are typically lower in starch and natural sugars.
Have you had roasted Chickpeas before? If you have let me know what flavor you tried and what your favorite is? Leave me a comment below and let me know.
Check out these other recipes below:
- Green Beans and Tomato Salad
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- Garden Veggie Frittata
- Honey Roasted Butternut Squash
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Roasted Cilantro Chickpea Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Roasted Cilantro Chickpeas Recipe
- 2 cans Garbanzo beans 15 oz
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans, remove any extra skins that start to come off.
- Pat dry with a paper towel. Toss the beans in the olive oil, salt, and garlic powder until well coated.
- Spread the beans in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, stopping to stir the beans every 10-15 minutes.
- The chickpeas are ready when they are golden brown
- Remove and let cool completely before sprinkling with fresh cilantro and serving.