Are you tired of the same boring dinner? Well, it’s time to check out this Lemon Chicken Skewer recipe. First of all, you’re going to fall in love with this marinade, it’s zesty in so many ways! Lemon Chicken Skewers are great for the summer months, but you’re not limited to only those months. You could take this recipe to the neighborhood party and you’ll be the talk of the town.
So, if you’re tired of the same old boring chicken, give this a try! The days of your kids poking at your overdone chicken is over. Whip up this delicious delicacy for those kids of yours and end the day with smiles on everyone’s faces. If you have never cooked with lemon before, you’re going to fall in love, it can seriously turn any dish into a wonderful entree the whole family will love.
Another one of our favorite chicken recipe you can try is the Easy Chicken Cacciatore. We love pairing this with Quinoa or Basmati rice.
Lemon Chicken Skewers
For the skewers:
- 1 pound of a boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
For the yogurt dip:
- 1 cup of plain low or nonfat Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup minced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves can also use parsley or dill
For the chicken skewers:
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic, along with 1 tablespoon of water, in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat. Marinate for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium or preheat the broiler.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and alternately thread the chicken pieces and bell peppers onto 4 skewers.
- If grilling, place the chicken on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- For broiling, broil for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking make the sauce.
For the yogurt sauce:
- Mix together the Greek yogurt, cucumber, and mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready for use, or for up to 1 day.