This Lemon Chicken Skewers recipe is great for the summer months, but you’re not limited to only those months. Skewers of lemon marinated chicken grilled to perfection and served with a cucumber and mint yogurt dip.
Easy Lemon Chicken Skewers Recipe
So, if you’re tired of the same old boring chicken, give this a try! Whip up this delicious delicacy for those kids of yours and end the day with smiles on everyone’s faces. If you have never cooked with lemon before, you’re going to fall in love, it can seriously turn any dish into a wonderful entree the whole family will love.
What do you eat Lemon Chicken with
This Grilled Lemon Chicken Skewers Recipe is perfect for meal prep. Pair them with some grilled veggies, a side of carbs like baked sweet potatoes, brown rice or top it over salads. They are very versatile and taste great with pretty much anything you decide to have it with.
Chicken Skewers in Oven
Don’t have an outdoor grill and would like to bake this chicken in the oven instead. You absolutely can. Make sure you soak the wood skewers for 30 minutes before you place in the oven to prevent them from burning and smoking up the oven. Or you can use metal skewers instead.
Making this Chicken Kabob Recipe?
Share this Chicken Skewers Recipe if you make it and you like it. Comment below what you had it with and don’t forget to rate it if you liked it! I would love your feedback.
Also, check these other delicious healthy recipes:
- Easy Chili Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Vegan Spicy Thai Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- Roasted Cilantro Chickpeas Recipe
- Easy Lemon Asparagus Shrimp Recipe
- Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Lemon Chicken Skewers Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Lemon Chicken Skewers Recipe:
Lemon Chicken Skewers Recipe
For the skewers:
- 1 pound of a boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
For the yogurt dip:
- 1 cup of plain low or nonfat Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup minced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves can also use parsley or dill
For the chicken skewers:
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic, along with 1 tablespoon of water, in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat. Marinate for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium or preheat the broiler.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and alternately thread the chicken pieces and bell peppers onto 4 skewers.
- If grilling, place the chicken on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- For broiling, broil for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking make the sauce.
For the yogurt sauce:
- Mix together the Greek yogurt, cucumber, and mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready for use, or for up to 1 day.
[mv_video key=”wxtmpwbhu6jmkbthwhto” sticky=”true” volume=”70″ aspectRatio=”true” title=”Lemon Chicken Skewers” thumbnail=”https://mediavine-res.cloudinary.com/video/upload/wxtmpwbhu6jmkbthwhto.jpg”]