This Grilled Chicken Apple and Feta Spinach Salad is perfect as a lunch or light dinner option that is so tasty and filling. Packed with fiber and protein, this spinach salad is perfect for any day of the week.
Introducing this delicious recipe for Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad with Apples and Feta Cheese! This vibrant and nutritious salad combines the smoky flavors of grilled chicken with the freshness of spinach, the sweetness of apples, and the tanginess of feta cheese. Start by marinating chicken breasts in a flavorful blend of herbs and spices, then grill them to perfection. Meanwhile, prepare a bed of fresh spinach leaves, toss in crisp apple slices, and crumble feta cheese on top. Finally, drizzle with a zesty vinaigrette dressing for a delightful harmony of flavors. This spinach salad recipe is a perfect balance of savory, sweet, and tangy, making it a refreshing and satisfying meal option.
Why you should make this spinach salad
- Nutritious and Balanced: This spinach salad is packed with nutritious ingredients. Spinach provides essential vitamins and minerals, while grilled chicken offers lean protein. Apples add natural sweetness and fiber, and feta cheese adds a tangy kick. Together, these ingredients create a well-balanced meal that nourishes your body.
- Burst of Flavors: The combination of grilled chicken, apples, and feta cheese creates a delightful flavor profile. The juicy chicken pairs perfectly with the crisp and slightly sweet apples. The creamy and tangy feta cheese adds a luxurious touch.
- Quick and Easy: This salad is simple to prepare, making it a convenient option for any mealtime. Grilling the chicken takes just a few minutes, and the rest of the ingredients can be easily assembled. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or a group, this recipe allows you to whip up a delicious and satisfying salad without spending hours in the kitchen.
ingredients you will need
For the Dressing:
- Olive oil: this is great for salads. Use Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar: or distilled white vinegar if needed
- Maple syrup: you may use honey if needed
- Garlic powder: or 2 cloves of fresh minced garlic
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad:
- Red onion, thinly sliced: this tastes better than using white onions.
- Grilled chicken breast: season your chicken breast with your favorite spices and herbs. You can keep it as simple as just seasoning it with salt and pepper or adding Italian seasoning.
- Spinach: if you do not have spinach, you can use any other fresh greens of your choice.
- Apple: use Fiji or gala apples
- Olives: any olives you would like to use or you have handy
- Feta cheese: you may buy a block of feta and crumble it at home as needed or just buy them in jars already crumbled.
How to make this grilled chicken and spinach salad
In a small bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients until emulsified. Add in the sliced onion and allow it to marinate until the salad is ready. Slice the grilled chicken and the apples.
In a large salad bowl, add the spinach, chicken, apples, and olives. Top with the marinated onions and the dressing that’s resting at the bottom of the bowl.
Toss and top with crumbled feta cheese.
recipe notes and tips on making the perfect salad
- Start with well-seasoned and properly cooked grilled chicken. Marinate it beforehand or use a flavorful spice rub to enhance the taste.
- Incorporate a variety of fresh and colorful vegetables for added texture, flavor, and nutritional value. Consider ingredients like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and red onions.
- Add some crunch by including ingredients like toasted nuts, seeds, or crispy croutons. This will provide an enjoyable contrast to the tender chicken and leafy greens.
- Choose a delicious and balanced dressing that complements the flavors in your salad. Consider options like balsamic vinaigrette, lemon herb dressing, or a tangy yogurt-based dressing. Remember to use it sparingly to control the calorie content.
Frequently asked questions
Yes. Grilled chicken salad can be a healthy option as it provides lean protein and a variety of vegetables. However, its nutritional value depends on the ingredients and portion size. Be mindful of dressings and toppings, and ensure it aligns with your dietary needs and goals.
To make your grilled chicken more flavorful, try marinating it in a mixture of herbs, spices, and acidic liquids like lemon juice or vinegar. You can also experiment with different marinades or spice rubs to add depth of flavor.
Raw spinach is a nutritious choice for salads as it is low in calories and rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It provides fiber and can contribute to a well-balanced meal. However, individual preferences and dietary considerations may vary, so it’s important to choose ingredients that align with your specific needs.
More salad recipes you may enjoy
- Vegan Green Goddess Pasta Salad
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Italian Kale Salad Jar
- Santa Fe Grilled Chicken Salad
- Healthy Chicken Taco Salad
- Summer Corn Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Chickpea and Feta Salad
- East Grape Salad Recipe
- Chicken Arugula Salad
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes
Grilled Chicken Apple and Feta Spinach Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 lb grilled chicken breast
- 4 cups packed spinach
- 1 large 2 medium apples of choice thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients until emulsified. Add in the sliced onion and allow it to marinate until the salad is ready. Slice the grilled chicken and the apples.
- In a large salad bowl, add the spinach, chicken, apples, and olives. Top with the marinated onions and the dressing that’s resting at the bottom of the bowl.
- Toss and top with crumbled feta cheese.
- use any greens of your choice if you do not like spinach
- top with another choice of protein like grilled salmon or shrimp
- store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days
- in place of sliced apples try fresh strawberries