Easy Sushi Bowls
A deconstructed version of sushi that's easy to make.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 cups of cooked short grain or sushi brown rice
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar divided use
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or low calorie sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 8 ounces of seafood such as tuna or salmon sashimi crab meat, cooked shrimp or smoked salmon
- 1 cup of peeled diced cucumber
- 1/2 of an avocado thinly sliced
- 1 sheet of nori seaweed cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Optional: wasabi paste soy sauce and/or pickled ginger
- Place the rice in a bowl; add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar. Stir until thoroughly combined. Divide the rice between two bowls.
- In a small bowl place the cucumber along with the sesame oil, sesame seeds and 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar. Toss to coat the cucumbers. Add salt to taste.
- Spoon the cucumbers onto the rice. Arrange the fish and avocado on top of the rice. Sprinkle with green onions and nori strips.
- Serve immediately, with wasabi, soy sauce and/or ginger if desired.