Easy Sushi Bowls
A deconstructed version of sushi that's easy to make.
Servings 2 people
- 2 cups of cooked short grain or sushi brown rice
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar divided use
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or low calorie sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 8 ounces of seafood such as tuna or salmon sashimi crab meat, cooked shrimp or smoked salmon
- 1 cup of peeled diced cucumber
- 1/2 of an avocado thinly sliced
- 1 sheet of nori seaweed cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Optional: wasabi paste soy sauce and/or pickled ginger
Place the rice in a bowl; add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar. Stir until thoroughly combined. Divide the rice between two bowls.
In a small bowl place the cucumber along with the sesame oil, sesame seeds and 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar. Toss to coat the cucumbers. Add salt to taste.
Spoon the cucumbers onto the rice. Arrange the fish and avocado on top of the rice. Sprinkle with green onions and nori strips.
Serve immediately, with wasabi, soy sauce and/or ginger if desired.