Dinner just got a whole lot easier and more delicious with this Skinny Lasagna Skillet recipe. A one pan pasta dish full of whole wheat pasta, ground turkey, and tomato sauce, all topped with melted cheese.
This dinner option is a real winner in my home. The entire family loves it and I love that it is so simple and doesn’t require a ton of dishes afterward.
Finding a recipe my kids will eat is usually a challenge and they even love this Skinny Lasagna Skillet meal. It is all the great taste as a regular lasagna without all the baking time and dishes required.
Skinny Lasagna Skillet Recipe
What lasagna recipes do you love? Share them with me, please.
Skinny Lasagna Skillet
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 ½ cups uncooked whole wheat pasta any short shape will work
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add the ground turkey and season with salt and pepper to taste and the Italian seasoning.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until turkey is cooked through, using a spatula to break up the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the pasta, marinara sauce and water to the pan. Simmer for 11-12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Preheat the broiler
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the pasta and place under the broiler. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with parsley and serve.