Who’s ready for tacos every night of the week? If you haven’t introduced your family to shrimp tacos yet, then these are what you need to be planning for dinner. This Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa recipe is not only delicious but super easy to make.
Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Pineapple salsa is a favorite around here, your family will love it as much as we do. When you mix the shrimp tacos and pineapple salsa together, you have a very unexpected, yet welcome taste on your tongue. You’re going to enjoy taco Tuesday even more now or whatever day of the week you decide to have them on.
Tacos are one of those foods that almost everyone in the family loves. This will probably be the recipe that really gets everyone on board the taco train! Don’t miss out on this unique and very delicious recipe for your family!
If you don’t like shrimps you can use some grilled chicken instead.
Looking for another lunch idea? Try this Chicken Fried Rice
How to make this Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Chili-spiced shrimp, fresh and bright pineapple salsa and cabbage, all tucked inside warm tortillas.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 and ¼ pounds of shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of pineapple finely diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper finely diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper minced (remove seeds and ribs to make it milder)
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves finely chopped, loosely packed
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 8 corn tortillas
- For the shrimp: Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large pan. Season both sides of the shrimp with chili powder and salt to taste. Place the shrimp in a single layer in the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes per side, until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- For the pineapple salsa: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add salt to taste. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes, up to 4 hours.
- To serve Warm the tortillas. Add a handful of cabbage to each tortilla and place the shrimp on top of the cabbage. Top with pineapple salsa and serve immediately.