Flavorful Roasted Honey and Balsamic Glazed Carrots are fresh-cut carrots cooked in balsamic vinegar and honey. An amazing vegetarian side dish that feels fancy and might be your new favorite way to eat carrots!
These Roasted Honey and Balsamic Glazed Carrots are the perfect complements to almost any meal. They take only 10 minutes of prep time and simple ingredients to make. To add lots of flavor to the carrots, they are drizzled with balsamic vinegar and honey. This makes all the difference! It really takes the carrots to the next level.
Why you should make this recipe
- So tasty: These glazed carrots are baked until tender perfection, delivering a wonderfully textured vegetable that’s covered in a sticky golden caramelized glaze!
- Super easy to make: You can hardly call this a recipe. Once you’ve made it a few times, you won’t need a recipe at all. It’s super easy to throw together with very little hands-on time.
- Healthy: Carrots are an extremely nutritious vegetable, containing high amounts of beta-carotene and other antioxidants. Cooking carrots actually helps your body absorb the nutrients and roasting is one of the best ways to preserve the nutrients.
- Versatile: Roasted carrots pair well with so many different main entrees. They are delicious with chicken, beef, pork, ham, or salmon.
- Baby carrots: We recommend using small whole carrots and slicing them lengthwise.
- Olive oil: For roasting the carrots.
- Salt & pepper: Simple seasoning, add more or less according to your own taste.
- Balsamic vinegar: Balances out the sweetness of the honey with a bold, complex flavor.
- Honey: Adds a nice glaze to the carrots. Use maple syrup in place of the honey, if desired.
- Fresh parsley: To add a nice pop of color and freshness.
How to make this roasted carrots recipe
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Add the prepared carrots to your pan and drizzle with the oil. Season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir well to combine, then spread in a single layer.
- Cook carrots: Roast for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and honey. Give them a good stir, then return to the oven. Continue to roast for 15 minutes, or until fork tender and caramelized.
- Serve: Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired, and enjoy.
- Cut the carrots into even pieces to ensure they all bake evenly.
- Make sure not to overcrowd your baking sheet with carrots. The carrots should be in a single layer, so they will brown instead of steam.
- We do not recommend the pre-cut baby carrots that come in bags for this recipe. Those carrots usually don’t have as much flavor as whole carrots.
- We like to add a sprinkling of parsley as a finishing touch, but if you don’t have parsley on hand, you can skip this step. You could also try garnishing with other fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, chives, or dill.
- To make this recipe vegan, simply swap out the honey for maple syrup.
Frequently asked questions
Many glazed carrot recipes include brown sugar and butter. In this recipe, we’re using olive oil to cook the carrots and then adding honey and balsamic vinegar at the end of cooking to add a bit of sweetness and tons of flavor.
While these are best served straight out of the oven, you can make them a day ahead. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, throw them back into a pan with a bit of oil, and cook until they are heated through. Or place them back into the oven for about 10 minutes and until warm.
In this recipe, we’re adding plenty of deliciousness to the carrots with salt, pepper, honey, and balsamic vinegar. You can also add some fresh herbs.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days.
- For best results, reheat the carrots in the oven (350°-375°F) or a toaster oven for 10 minutes or so. You can also reheat them in the microwave in 30-second increments until heated through.
More healthy side dish recipes
- Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Green Beans and Tomato Salad
- Chickpea Feta Salad
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Air Fryer BBQ Cauliflower Wings
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Roasted Honey and Balsamic Glazed Carrots
- 2 lb baby carrots halved lengthwise
- 3 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup for vegan option
- Optional: chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the prepared carrots to your pan and drizzle with the oil. Season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir well to combine, then spread in a single layer. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and honey. Give them a good stir, then return to the oven. Continue to roast for 15 minutes, or until fork tender and caramelized.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired, and serve.
Great recipe. Combined this with a nice steak and a baked potato. Makes a nice presentation too. So so tasty
Rena Awada says
Thank you Patrick