Make this easy Mushroom soup that’s loaded Chicken and all sorts of feel-good ingredients. Quick to make, hearty, rich, and flavorful soup. The perfect weeknight dinner recipe that will keep you full and satisfied.
This creamy chicken mushroom soup recipe is easy to make, full of goodness, comforting, and super satisfying. Made with shredded chicken, wild rice, mushrooms, carrots, and celery. Nothing beats a warm and comforting meal when its cold outside. So rich and flavorful, it makes for a perfect weeknight dinner recipe everyone can enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN MUSHROOM SOUP
- Cook veggies: melt butter or ghee in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add in onions,
mushrooms, garlic, and Italian seasoning and sauté for about 5-6 minutes. Stir in carrots, chicken, celery, broth, and rice.
- Boil/cook: Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cover the pot. Simmer until the rice and chicken are cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Shred chicken: Take the chicken out and using 2 forks shred it, then return to the pan.
- Add: Add in milk, Parmesan cheese, and fresh thyme.
- Season and Garnish: Season with salt and pepper to your taste and give it a good mix. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Then serve and enjoy.
How to store mushroom soup
Place leftover chicken and mushroom soup in a tightly closed container and place it in the fridge for 3-4 days. Heat up in the microwave or over the stovetop when ready to serve again.
Can you freeze mushroom soup
You can freeze properly stored wild rice mushroom soup for up to 3 months. Remove and reheat using your preferred method. You may remove the frozen mushroom soup from the freezer and place it in the fridge the night before to thaw.
Is creamy mushroom soup gluten-free
Cream of mushroom soup is naturally gluten-free unless ingredients containing gluten was added to the recipe. This Mushroom chicken rice soup recipe is gluten-free.
What goes well with chicken soup
Often times you may find yourself wanting to pair your soup with something else, a side dish maybe. Or maybe something light in addition to the soup so it is filling. Here are a few ideas of what you can have or add to any soup or to this chicken mushroom wild rice soup:
- Grilled cheese
- Garlic bread
- Roasted Veggies
Tell us what you think of this easy creamy chicken mushroom soup recipe once you make it. Also, don’t forget to rate it. If you loved it, please share it with your friends and family. Leave us your feedback in the comments below.
Love soup? Try these other easy and healthy soup recipes:
- Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup
- Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Healthy Summer Corn Chowder
- Easy Hamburger Soup
- Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Creamy Chicken Broccoli soup
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Chicken Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Ghee or olive oil
- 1½ lb Wild Mushroom Mix sliced if too big
- 1 Onion diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves pressed
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Large Carrot sliced
- 2 Celery Stalks sliced
- 7 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Wild Rice Mix
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Milk Any works. used 2%
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and pepper, to your taste
- Fresh thyme, to garnish
- Melt butter or ghee in a large stockpot over medium-high heat (if using oil add oil).
- Add in onions, mushrooms, garlic, and Italian seasoning and sauté for about 5-6 minutes. Stir in carrots, chicken, celery, broth, and rice. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cover the pot.
- Simmer until the rice and chicken are cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Take the chicken out and using 2 forks shred it, then return to the pan. Add in milk, Parmesan cheese, and fresh thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste and give it a good mix. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Then serve and enjoy.
- Poaching the whole chicken breasts in the broth not only gives the chicken and broth a richer flavor, it protects the chicken from overcooking.
- In a pinch you could use rotisserie chicken.
- Make sure you let your veggies sweat, this draws out their flavors.
- For the best seasoning, make sure to salt at each stage of cooking.
- Portobello mushrooms give this soup an even richer taste.
- Gently simmer your soup after you have added in the liquids. This way the all flavors of the ingredients will meld better and the soup will taste better overall.