This healthy Hamburger Soup is so easy to make, loaded with ground beef and veggies, and the perfect comforting soup recipe for a weeknight dinner. A bowl of warm and hearty soup made with simple ingredients you have on hand in your fridge and pantry.
This easy hamburger Vegetable soup is so filling and flavorful you would want to make it on a regular basis. They are quick to make, takes little effort, and perfect for those busy weeknights with only 30 minutes on your hands to come up with dinner. Our fridges and pantry most likely have these simple ingredients on hand which makes this recipe the ideal recipe to cook up on when you just don’t know what to make for dinner!
HOW TO MAKE HAMBURGER SOUP
Hamburger soup can be made on a stovetop, crockpot or instant pot. First, we will be showing you how to make it on a stovetop since that is the method we used to make this healthy beef and veggie soup.
Using a stovetop:
- First, heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Then, add in the beef and cook breaking the meat with a wooden spoon, for 5-6 minutes. There may be some excess water or fat, go ahead and drain if necessary.
- Stir in the onions, peas, celery, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook stirring frequently for another 5 minutes or so, or until veggies soften.
- Then, add the Worcestershire sauce, broth, diced tomatoes, and dried oregano. Give it a good mix, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper if needed. Ladle into bowls, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy. Another optional garnish can be some shredded cheddar cheese.
How to make hamburger soup in an Instant pot
Cooking this hamburger veggie soup in an instant pot is super easy. Cook time should take just under 10 minutes. Here are some simple steps to follow:
Setup instant pot: Pull our your instant pot, turn on, and set it to the sauté option.
Sautee: Add the beef first with 1 tbsp oil and sautee with onions and veggies until brown and onions are soft. About 3-4 minutes.
Add other ingredients: Go ahead and add all the other veggie ingredients to the Instant Pot. Worcestershire sauce, broth, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper, and dried oregano. Mix to combine everything.
Close instant pot: Add the lid and then set it to seal.
Cook: Click the manual button on your instant pot and set the timer for 4 minutes. Once done, allow it to naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes or so and then do a quick release.
Serve: Finally, after the quick release of the IP, remove the lid, stir, and if necessary add more salt and pepper. Serve in a bowl and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
How to make hamburger soup in a crockpot or slow cooker
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and cook the beef for 5 minutes until browned. You may drain excess water/fat.
- Transfer into a crockpot or slow cooker. Add in the onions, celery, peas, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Then, add the Worcestershire sauce, broth, diced tomatoes, and dried oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.
- Once done, pour into bowls, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy.
How many calories are in a cup of hamburger soup
There are about 150-220 calories in a cup or serving of hamburger soup depending on the ingredients used to make the soup. Our hamburger soup has 207 calories in a bowl.
How do you add flavor to a soup
If you feel like your soup is bland in the taste department, there are a few things you can add to it to give it some flavor. Start with onions and some aromatic veggies like peppers. Then try to add in some garlic and herbs like Italian herbs, parsley, rosemary or thyme. You may also use broth if you made it with water or plan on making it with water. If you arent sure what broth to use, always use vegetable broth.
How to store hamburger soup
Store your leftover hamburger soup in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. You may also freeze up to 3 months. Just remove the soup from the freezer a day before and allow it to thaw in the fridge before heating it up on the stove in a stockpot.
What to serve with hamburger soup
Hamburger soup is so hearty and filling on its own. But if you feel like having it with something you may serve it with things like a whole-grain dinner roll, french baguette, a bit of brown rice or quinoa, some crackers, breadsticks, cornbread, or a nice bowl of salad.
We want to hear all about this hamburger vegetable soup once you make it. Please leave us some feedback by rating the recipe and leaving us a comment in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to rate and share this recipe with your friends and family!
Love soup? We do as well! Check out these other hearty and easy soup recipes:
- Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Italian Chicken and Veggie soup
- Creamy Chicken Broccoli Soup
- Chicken Lemon Rice Soup
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Easy Hamburger Soup Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Easy Hamburger Soup
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet Onion diced
- 2 Celery Stalks sliced
- 2 Medium Carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Cup Green Peas fresh or frozen
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves pressed
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 5 Cups Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 14 oz Diced Tomatoes with juice one can
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add in beef and cook breaking the meat with a wooden spoon, for 5-6 minutes. Drain the excess fat.
- Stir in onions, celery, carrots, bell pepper, green peas, and garlic. Cook stirring frequently for another 5 minutes, or until veggies soften.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, broth, diced tomatoes, and dried oregano. Give it a good mix, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour into bowls, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy.