If you have a half an hour then you have time to make this amazing Garden Veggie Frittata Recipe for breakfast! Packed full of fresh vegetables, cheese and eggs. It’s the perfect start to your day.
Garden Veggie Frittata
I have to admit how i don’t like eggs much. But i do enjoy making this Veggie Frittata because it makes a huge difference in the flavor department! On a high protein diet and looking for a new breakfast option? You have found the most delicious one on the internet. Garden Veggie Frittatas are very easy to make and you can experiment a bit on which veggies you like and mix things up. Just use whatever vegetables you have handy in your fridge.
Keep in mind, this will also be a great idea for a late night meal to limit your carb intake at night. Eggs are high in good quality protein.
Are you planning on making this garden veggie frittata? I would like to hear about it!
Not in the mood for eggs for breakfast? Try my FRUIT AND OATMEAL BREAKFAST BOWL!
Garden Veggie Frittata
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- ¾ cup broccoli florets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup shredded or diced cheddar cheese or cheese variety of your choice
- fresh herbs for garnish such as chopped cilantro parsley or green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat the oil in an 8-inch pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the red onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add the red pepper and cook for another 3 minutes or until the pepper has softened.
- Add the broccoli to the pan along with 1 tablespoon of water and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender.
- Season the vegetables to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs and egg whites, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables and cheese to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until center is set. Garnish with fresh herbs, cut into wedges and serve.