If you have an extra 30 minutes, you can create this healthy, vegetable, garden veggie frittata recipe. Super easy to make and packed with fresh veggies, cheddar cheese, and egg whites for a meal that is high in protein.
Are you looking for new inspiration for delicious breakfast recipes to enjoy at home? Look no further because we have you covered with this high-protein, garden veggie frittata recipe. Healthy and so easy to make, the whole family can enjoy this breakfast recipe.
This simple garden frittata is made with vegetables such as broccoli, bell pepper, and red onion – so you know it is rich in fiber and essential vitamins. You can easily use different veggies if you would like; whatever is in the refrigerator will work!
Serve this egg white frittata with fresh fruit or a salad – whichever you prefer. Personally, we like to enjoy this dish with our easy fruit salad, mixed berry fruit salad, and this spiced hot fruit bake dessert. Mmm. You can easily enjoy a wholesome nutritious meal in only a matter of minutes!
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- Versatile: This recipe is so great because you can easily swap out the veggies and herbs if you would like. You can use potatoes, spinach, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes, and so much more.
- Quick and easy: You’ll have a warm breakfast ready in about 30 minutes. Just mix everything together, place it into a skillet, and enjoy!
- Healthy: Rich with nutrient-dense veggies that are filled with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients. The egg whites allow the recipe to be high in protein.
Olive oil–Use olive oil or any other type of neutral oil to sauté the veggies.
Broccoli–You can use frozen or fresh broccoli for this recipe. Both options will work!
Bell pepper– Any colored bell pepper will work for this garden frittata. We like to use red and orange because they are the highest in nutrients.
Red onion– Red onion provides a slightly tangy flavor that is rich and robust that pairs well with the other fresh veggies.
Eggs–You will need four whole eggs plus four others for the egg whites.
Cheese– Use cheddar or any other type of cheese you would prefer. There are so many tasty options.
Herbs– You can use chopped cilantro, parsley, or green onions
Salt & pepper–A simple blend of salt and pepper keeps things flavorful and well-rounded.
How To Make This High-Protein Vegetable Frittata
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat oil in an eight-inch pan over medium-high heat.
Add the onion to the pan and sautée for three to four minutes while stirring occasionally. Cook until the onion has softened.
Next, add the bell pepper, then continue to cook until that has softened. Add the broccoli to the pan along with one tablespoon of water, and cook until the broccoli is tender.
Season the veggies with salt and pepper to taste. Use as much or little as you would like!
Remove the vegetables from the pan, then wipe the pan with a paper towel. Coat the pan with cooking spray.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs with the egg whites, then season with salt and pepper. Add the veggies and cheese to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
Next, pour the egg mixture into the greased pan, then place it in the oven. Bake the frittata for 15 minutes or until the center is set.
Garnish with fresh herbs, cut into wedges, then serve while warm!
Can you make a frittata the night before?
A huge plus about frittatas is you can actually prepare them ahead and save them for later or the next few days. Frittata slices can be reheated the next day or even eaten cold. They are an easy grab-and-go breakfast for those who are always in a hurry in the morning. This Garden Veggie Frittata is the perfect recipe for those busy and on-the-run days.
Once you try this Easy Garden Veggie Frittata Recipe you will start to love having eggs for breakfast. We all know by now that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Also, this high-protein breakfast will be your go-to breakfast recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unlike omelets, frittata fillings are made with eggs in the pan rather than folded in the center.
If you want your frittata to be fluffy, then you can mix some milk or cream into the eggs.
The best pan to use is a cast-iron skillet!
More Breakfast Recipes
Enjoy these recipes whenever you’re not in the mood for eggs!
- Gluten-Free Eggnog Waffles
- Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- Cranberry Almond Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Garden Veggie Frittata
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- ¾ cup broccoli florets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup shredded or diced cheddar cheese or cheese variety of your choice
- fresh herbs for garnish such as chopped cilantro parsley or green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat the oil in an 8-inch pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the red onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add the red pepper and cook for another 3 minutes or until the pepper has softened.
- Add the broccoli to the pan along with 1 tablespoon of water and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender.
- Season the vegetables to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs and egg whites, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables and cheese to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until center is set. Garnish with fresh herbs, cut into wedges and serve.