If you have a half an hour then you have time to make this amazing Garden Veggie Frittata Recipe for breakfast! Packed full of fresh vegetables, cheese, and eggs. It’s the perfect start to your day.
Garden Veggie Frittata Recipe
I have to admit how I don’t like eggs much. But I do enjoy making this Easy Veggie Frittata Recipe because it makes a huge difference in the flavor department! On a high protein diet and looking for a new breakfast option? You have found the most delicious one on the internet. This Garden Veggie Frittata recipe is very easy to make and you can experiment a bit on which veggies you like and mix things up. Just use whatever vegetables you have handy in your fridge.
Are you planning on making this Garden Veggie Frittata recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think.
Not in the mood for eggs for breakfast? Try out these other breakfast recipes below:
- Gluten Free Eggnog Waffles
- Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- Cranberry Almond Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Can you make a frittata the night before?
A huge plus about frittatas is you can actually prepare them ahead and save for later or the next few days. Frittata slices can be reheated the next day or even eat cold. They are an easy grab and go breakfast for those who are always in a hurry in the morning. This Garden Veggie Frittata is the perfect recipe for those busy and on the run days.
Once you try this Easy Garden Veggie Frittata Recipe you will start to love having eggs for breakfast. We all know by now that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Also, this high protein breakfast will be your go-to breakfast recipe.
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Veggie Frittata Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Garden Veggie Frittata Recipe:
Garden Veggie Frittata
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- ¾ cup broccoli florets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup shredded or diced cheddar cheese or cheese variety of your choice
- fresh herbs for garnish such as chopped cilantro parsley or green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat the oil in an 8-inch pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the red onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add the red pepper and cook for another 3 minutes or until the pepper has softened.
- Add the broccoli to the pan along with 1 tablespoon of water and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender.
- Season the vegetables to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs and egg whites, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables and cheese to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until center is set. Garnish with fresh herbs, cut into wedges and serve.