This Easy Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry recipe is the perfect stir fry recipe. Loaded with protein, asparagus, and mushrooms. Then tossed in a lightly sweet sauce made with honey, soy sauce, and sesame oil. This stir fry recipe makes an easy and delicious weeknight meal that’s ready in about 30 minutes.
Easy Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry recipe
Nothing better than a stir fry meal for dinner with some quinoa or rice. The kids love this Easy Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry recipe. It’s easy to put together and has the right amount of veggies. Loaded with chicken, this recipe will be perfect for those who love to meal prep as well. Say goodbye to takeout and start making your favorite takeout meals right at home.
What do you eat with chicken stir fry
This easy chicken stir fry recipe is served with rice. You can have other grains with your chicken stir fry dish. Try serving it with brown rice, quinoa or fried rice. There is also the option of not having it with any sides and just enjoy it as is since it’s loaded with veggies.
What should I put in my stir fry
I decided to add asparagus and mushrooms to my easy chicken stir fry recipe. So many other veggies will work great with stir fry recipes. Try adding broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, water chestnuts, peapods, onions hot peppers. There are many other veggies you can add in. Just pick out the ones you like and toss them in.
Plan on making This easy Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry recipe? I would love to hear what you think of it. Please leave me some feedback in the comments below.
Love stir fry recipes? I have a few below you can check out:
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
- Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
- Sesame Ginger Shrimp Stir Fry
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Easy Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil plus 1 teaspoon
- ¾ lb Asparagus stalks trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 Cup Sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tsp Minced garlic
- ¼ Cup Oyster Sauce
- ¼ Cup Low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tsp Honey
- 2 Tsp Toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the asparagus and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes or until just tender.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and place on a plate. Cover the plate with foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the pan. Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side
- In a bowl whisk together the oyster sauce, chicken broth, honey, sesame oil, and soy sauce. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan.
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve immediately.