These Tuna Patties are very easy and quick to make and made without any flour of mayo. A family-friendly recipe that takes just 30 minutes to get on your dinner table. They are gluten-free, low carbs, and keto-friendly.
If you love tuna, you will love these tuna patties. They are so tasty and easy to make. Its as simple as gathering up your ingredients, toss into a bowl and mix them together. Placing the patties in the fridge for 15-20 minutes will allow the patties to hold firmly together while searing. This step is not absolutely necessary but recommended. Makes for a perfect appetizer, side dish, or a salad topper. They are also perfect for those who like to meal prep because they can be enjoyed cold as well.
Why this recipe is awesome
- Easy to make: this tuna patties recipe can be ready in 30 minutes or less.
- Healthy: It is low in carbs, high in protein, and keto-friendly.
- So good: Very tasty and delicious, these patties will be perfect to serve as an appetizer to your guests.
- Versatile: Serve as an appetizer, side dish on your dinner table, or a salad topper for added protein.
Ingredients used to make these patties
- Tuna: we used wild albacore tuna which works best with no added oil or water. You may use any you have handy, just drain the oil or water.
- Almond flour: For a keto-friendly option, we used almond flour. If you do not have any almond flour and arent doing keto, you may use any other flour you have like gluten-free or wheat flour.
- Fresh dill: the dill will give the tuna patties a unique flavor. We recommend fresh, but if you don’t have any fresh, use dried dill.
- Egg: The egg works as a binder. You may use a flaxseed meal in place of eggs.
- Condiments: For added flavor, use salt, pepper, lemons, and mustard.
- Cheese: We love mozzarella. Another option would be shredded provolone or mild gruyere.
- Oil: Avocado oil was used, but you may use any other oil suitable for frying.
How to make tuna patties
- Add ingredients to the bowl: in a large mixing bowl, combine tuna, almond flour, mozzarella, dill, mustard, and lemon zest. Crack the egg and squeeze in the lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix: using your clean hands, mix until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Make patties: rub your hands with a bit of oil and pinch off about a spoonful of mixture and shape it into a pattie, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place patties on a baking sheet: place the patties with a bit of space in between onto a tray lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to set.
- Cook the patties: Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add oil and heat until shimmering. Carefully add patties to the hot oil and sear each side until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes in total.
- Serve: Once done, remove from the heat and serve warm. Enjoy!
FAQs and Notes
Use Whole wheat flour in place of almond flour if you aren’t looking for a keto option
Use your favorite canned tuna or salmon
Any oil safe for frying in place of avocado oil
How long do tuna patties last in the fridge
These tuna patties will last 2-3 days in the fridge. Tightly wrap or store in a sealed container before placing it in the fridge. Serve cold or reheat when ready to eat.
Can you reheat the patties
Yes! It is safe to reheat your leftover tuna patties. You can either reheat in the microwave at 30-second intervals until they are heated through, or you can reheat in a pan over medium heat. If the patties are frozen, we recommend thawing first before adding to the pan. You may also defrost in the microwave.
What to serve these patties with
These patties can be enjoyed in so many different ways, which is why we love these tuna patties so much. Serve them over a salad or some coleslaw, or as a side dish, and as an appetizer. You may even make tuna burger sliders with them! Options are endless.
Love tuna? Check out these other easy tuna recipes:
- Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad
- Keto Tuna Salad
- Chickpea Tuna Salad
- Tuna Melt Zucchini Boats
- Avocado Tuna Salad
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Easy Tuna Patties Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Easy Tuna Patties
- 10 oz Canned Wild Tuna 2 5oz cans, drained
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Dill Weed
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 large Egg
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Pepper or to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Avocado oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tuna, almond flour, mozzarella, dill, mustard, and lemon zest.
- Crack the egg and squeeze in the lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now, using your clean hands, mix until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Rub your hands with a bit of oil and pinch off about a spoonful of mixture and shape it into a pattie, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the patties with a bit of space in between onto a tray lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to set.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add oil and heat until shimmering. Carefully add patties to the hot oil and sear each side until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes in total.
- Once done, remove from the heat and serve warm. Enjoy!
- Makes 12 patties and Serves 4: each serving is 3 patties
- about 88 calories per pattie
- Storage: Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat. You can freeze for 1 month. Nutritional facts: Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.