This easy and simple Baked Oatmeal Recipe is made with pantry staple ingredients and makes for a perfect healthy breakfast or even dessert recipe to enjoy any day of the week. Filling, nutritious, and so tasty.
You have probably seen the viral baked oatmeal around and this baked oatmeal is very similar but made without bananas for those who either don’t have any ripe bananas or simply don’t like bananas and would like a different version. This one pan-baked oatmeal recipe is made with some very simple pantry staple ingredients, eggs, apple sauce, and fresh berries. A perfect healthy oatmeal breakfast recipe that’s somewhat different from the typical oatmeal you usually make. It will feel like you have are dessert for breakfast. This baked oatmeal breakfast recipe can be made gluten-free, easy to make, filling, nutritious and so good.
why you will love this oatmeal breakfast recipe
- Tastes like dessert: What more can we ask for when we can have this awesome tasting baked oatmeal that tastes like we are having dessert for breakfast. Yummy!
- Filling and nutritious: A slice of this baked oatmeal will fill you up and keep you full for hours. Full of fiber and loaded with antioxidants.
- Easy and so tasty: This baked oatmeal recipe is truly easy to make and it’s so good you would want to have another slice.
Ingredients you will need for this baked oatmeal dish
- Milk: any milk of choice would work. So pick your favorite. For a dairy-free option, use almond or cashew milk.
- Eggs: you will need 2 large eggs.
- Sweetener: any kind you have on hand. Maple syrup, honey, or agave.
- Coconut butter or coconut oil
- Apple sauce: we used unsweetened.
- Rolled oats: we do prefer that you use old-fashioned oats instead of quick oats. If you have a gluten allergy, then use gluten-free oats.
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract: since we are using eggs, you do need this ingredient. Do not skip it.
- A pinch of salt is optional.
- Berries: use fresh berries if you can, especially if you are using them as a topping. You may use frozen berries to top the oatmeal before baking.
how to make this one-pan baked oatmeal with berries
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the milk and eggs. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Transfer to a 9×13 baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the center is set.
Allow it to cool in the dish before slicing.
Recipe Notes and tips
- This baked oatmeal can also be made with ripe bananas if you prefer to use them. Use 2 bananas in place of the two eggs and skip the apple sauce.
- To add some crunch and texture to this oatmeal dish, use some nuts like crushed almonds, walnuts, or pecans.
- You may also add some spices to this to give it a kick in flavor. Try a pinch of cardamom or cinnamon.
- To make this baked oatmeal Vegan: swap eggs with either 2 tablespoons of flaxseed or 2 bananas; use dairy-free milk like almond milk, and use maple syrup.
- Don’t have fresh berries? you can easily switch them with frozen berries.
- Consider adding some healthy fats by adding 2 tablespoons of chia seeds.
- If using ripe bananas, you can add less sweetener or none at all.
- Any milk of choice would work, or you can even use water.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Frequently asked questions
We do not recommend leaving any food oat overnight especially if it is made with any kind of dairy. There is always a high risk of contamination and pathogen growths causing food poisoning. It is best to store your leftover food in the fridge.
For this particular recipe, you do not need to soak the oats ahead. You can mix the oats with your other ingredients and just allow them to bake.
Yes. You sure can. Leftover baked oats stored in the fridge can always be reheated when ready to serve again. You can either pop the whole dish back in the oven or reheat a single serving portion in the microwave for 60-90 seconds until heated through.
Baked oatmeal when stored in the fridge covered will keep for 4-5 days. It is a great meal to cook ahead and store in the fridge so you can enjoy a nice, healthy breakfast throughout the week.
More recipes with oatmeal you may like
- Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
- Healthy Oatmeal Bars
- Oatmeal Apple Crumble
- Overnight Oatmeal Recipe
- Homemade Oatmeal Granola Bars
- Healthy Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Berries Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 cups of milk of choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp melted coconut butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups rolled oats or gluten-free option
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- a pinch of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups mixed fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the milk and eggs. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Allow it to cool in the dish before slicing.
- Nutrition facts are for one slice
- use honey or agave in place of maple syrup.
- we prefer that you do not use quick oats and stick with rolled/old-fashioned oats
- you may use frozen berries instead of fresh berries.
- swap the eggs with either 2 bananas or 2 tablespoons of flaxseed.
- for gluten allergies, use gluten-free oats
- Milk: use any milk of choice.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.