This Slow Cooker Southwest Turkey Chili recipe is the perfect go-to for chilly nights (no pun intended). My kids even love this chili recipe so that should say a lot. Kids can be very picky, especially when the recipe is packed full of healthy ingredients.
Slow Cooker Southwest Turkey Chili Recipes
A thick and bold chili full of ground turkey, vegetables, beans, and spices that will wow your taste buds every time you make it. You can start it around lunch time and enjoy the amazing aroma throughout the day until dinner when you serve up this Slow Cooker Southwest Turkey Chili Recipe
Can you put raw meat in a slow cooker?
Yes of course. The best way and easiest way to actually cook any raw meat is to put it in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours and forget about it. Depending on what you are trying to cook the time may vary. The end result is amazing. Tender and juicy chicken or meat served for lunch or dinner without too much effort. Like this Slow cooker chili recipe, you can easily put all your ingredients in the slow cooker and go about your day.
What can be cooked in a slow cooker?
So, the question should be what cant you cook in the slow cooker? The options are endless really. From, red meats, chicken, veggies and so on. Decide what you want to cook ( or make this slow cooker turkey chili recipe) and dump in the slow cooker to do its thing for you. Come back to a flavor-packed and tender meal.
Do you have to put water in a slow cooker?
It is recommended to add very little water into your slow cooker. The excess water added doesn’t have a way to boil off and escape into the air since its tightly sealed so only a very small amount of water is usually needed. Most meals don’t need any added water.
Finally, Share this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe if you make and love this recipe. Tag me on Instagram with your remakes. Do you have a favorite chili recipe? Share it with me below.
Check out these other recipes:
- Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- Keto Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad Recipe
- Asian Shrimp Zucchini Noodles Recipe
How to make This Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe:
Slow Cooker Southwest Turkey Chili
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey 93% lean
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until turkey is browned. Break up the turkey into smaller pieces with your spoon as you stir.
- Place the turkey in a slow cooker along with the onion, bell pepper, chicken broth, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Stir in the black beans and corn, cook, uncovered for an additional 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.