Slow Cooker Southwest Turkey Chili is the perfect go-to for chilly nights (no pun intended). My kids even love this chili recipe so that should say a lot. Kids can be very picky, especially when the recipe is packed full of healthy ingredients.
A thick and bold chili full of ground turkey, vegetables, beans, and spices that will wow your tastebuds everytime you make it. You can start it around lunch time and enjoy the amazing aroma throughout the day until dinner when you serve up this Slow Cooker Southwest Turkey Chili.
Slow Cooker Southwest Turkey Chili Recipe
Do you have a favorite chili recipe? Share it with me below.
Slow Cooker Southwest Turkey Chili
A thick and bold chili full of ground turkey, vegetables, beans, and spices.
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey 93% lean
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until turkey is browned. Break up the turkey into smaller pieces with your spoon as you stir.
- Place the turkey in a slow cooker along with the onion, bell pepper, chicken broth, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Stir in the black beans and corn, cook, uncovered for an additional 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.