These Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are paleo-friendly, easy to make, moist, fluffy, and perfect for breakfast or brunch. Full of fresh lemon zest and crunchy poppy seeds, this muffin recipe will become one of your favorites.
Easy and delicious Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Lemon lovers will love these Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. Bursting with lemon flavor and topped with more lemon glaze, these muffins will definitely be a huge winner and one you would like to make occasionally. They are perfect to have for breakfast or brunch. These muffins are specifically made to be paleo and hence the reason almond flour was used which are high in calories. Not looking for a paleo friendly muffin recipe? Swap the almond flour with white whole wheat flour.
Can dogs eat poppy seeds
Even though we should be talking mostly about these Lemon poppy seed muffins, often times people who have pets wonder if their dog can have whatever they are eating. This brings us to the question of whether poppy seeds can harm your pet. The answer is yes. As a precaution, it is better not to give your dog poppy seeds. Poppy seeds have alkaloids which can have a negative effect on their nervous system and may cause opioid poisoning in dogs.
Will poppy seeds show on a drug test
This has been a question many ask because something as harmless as poppy seeds can actually get you in trouble somehow. especially if you are being drug tested for a job interview. Poppy seeds are derived from opium poppies. Which means they have some traces of morphine that may show up on your drug test even though the amount isn’t high enough to make you high! This has happened before to many!
Small amounts are used to make these Lemon poppy seed muffins, so there is nothing to worry about. It takes ingesting large amounts of poppy seeds to get any effects what so ever. It is quite safe to add poppy seeds to the food you eat without worrying too much.
We love these Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins so much and I hope you do as well. If you make these and you like them, please come back and leave me a comment below. Please tag me on Instagram so I can see your remake.
Looking for more Muffin recipes? Check these out below:
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Baked Oatmeal Protein Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Pumpkin Chia Muffins
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 Cup Granulated erythritol or Coconut sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1 Lemon Juice and zest
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Erythritol
- 1 Tbsp Almond Milk
- Lemon Slices
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a muffin tin with liners or use a silicone muffin pan if not using liners.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, tapioca flour, granulated erythritol, baking soda, poppy seeds, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs until smooth. Add in the vanilla, lemon juice, zest, and coconut oil and whisk until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold just until combined. Distribute the batter between the muffin liners and bake for 18-22 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Once cooled, stir together the powdered erythritol and almond milk and drizzle over muffins. Top with lemon slices and serve