Savory, creamy, and filled with tangy buffalo flavors, this Buffalo Chicken Bake recipe is healthy and baked in the oven for a filling dinner! This buffalo chicken recipe is made with cream cheese, hot sauce, cheddar cheese, and fresh parsley for an enticing dinner that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Tender and baked underneath a savory cream cheese sauce, this buffalo chicken bake recipe is going to become your next favorite go-to for dinner. Made with simple ingredients, this easy chicken recipe doesn’t have a lot of steps and is great for busy weeknights.
Similar to a yummy buffalo chicken dip or casserole, this delicious creamy chicken recipe is great to enjoy for game nights, easy dinners, or even your next meal prep. Gluten-free and keto, this healthy dinner recipe includes juicy chicken baked in a yummy buffalo cheese sauce.
Why You Will Love This Simple Chicken Recipe
- Flavorsome: This buffalo chicken bake recipe is loaded with flavors! The perfect combination of flavors is in this chicken.
- Easy to prepare: With just a few simple steps you will have an easy dinner ready in no time.
- Full of protein: Super high in protein, just one serving has 53 grams!
Ingredients Needed to Make This Buffalo Chicken Bake
This is just a list of ingredients needs to make this buffalo chicken bake. For the full measurements, scroll down below.
chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
cream cheese, softened
cheddar cheese, shredded or grate your own
green onions, chopped
fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make This Buffalo Chicken dinner recipe
- Preheat the oven: First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare the casserole dish.
- Season chicken: Next, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine ingredients: In a bowl, combine the hot sauce with the softened cream cheese and green onions.
- Cover the chicken: Next, cover the chicken with the buffalo mixture and top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake: Bake the chicken in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Recipes Notes and Tips
- To make this dairy-free, use plant-based cheeses.
- Store the leftovers for three to four days.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You can check the temperature with a meat thermometer.
- Serve with blue cheese crumbs or even ranch dressing on the side for extra flavors. Throw some celery and carrots into the mix if you would like.
- You may use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts if preferred.
- You may use light fat or fat-free cream cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some people tend to think buffalo chicken got its name from a local family-owned restaurant in Buffalo, New York named Anchor Bar.
Buffalo flavor has a very prominent tangy and spicy flavor that is perfect with juicy chicken. With a variety of levels of heat ranging from mild to extra hot, buffalo-flavored foods are enjoyed by many.
Store the leftover buffalo chicken in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator for up to four days.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Bake
This buffalo chicken recipe would pair well with any salad, vegetables, or side dish. Here are some recipes you can serve this recipe with:
- Easy Caprese Salad Recipe
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- Crispy Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Creamed Peas
- Oven-Baked Asparagus
Other Recipes You’ll Enjoy
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Buffalo Chicken Bake
- 4 Chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Hot sauce
- 4 ounces Cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 2-3 Green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon Parsley freshly chopped
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly spray a casserole dish with cooking oil spray.
- Place chicken breasts into the casserole dish and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a small bowl combine the hot sauce together with the cream cheese and green onions.
- Spread this mixture over the chicken then top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted. Test the doneness by inserting a meat thermometer into the center of each chicken breast, the temp should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit.