Chicken breast stuffed with a creamy olive and artichoke filling and then baked to perfection. So easy to make and the perfect low carb meal to add to the dinner table that everyone will enjoy.
Busy moms always worry about what to make for dinner and chicken seems to come in very handy for me. I love making easy chicken dinner recipes for my family and this artichoke stuffed chicken was a winner! Serving the family Stuffed chicken recipes is such a great way to sneak in some veggies they don’t usually like to eat otherwise! This chicken dinner recipe is low in carbs and just perfect for those who are on a keto diet.
How to make Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast
Making this stuffed chicken recipe is quite simple. Here is what you need to do:
In a bowl, prepare the creamy artichoke filling. Place the cream cheese with artichokes, olives, mozzarella, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Mix well, then taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Set aside.
Prepare the chicken breast pockets. If you don’t know how to do this part, go down to the section where I talk about “how to cut chicken breast for stuffing”
Fill in the pockets with the creamy artichoke stuffing and cook on the stovetop for 2-3 minutes on each side. You may need to seal the breasts with toothpicks to keep the stuffing inside.
Place the whole pan in the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through or a thermometer reads 165 F.
If you have some questions, here are some frequently asked questions on stuffed chicken. I hope I answered some for you.
HOW LONG TO COOK STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
A 4 oz uncooked chicken breast usually takes about 25-30 minutes in the oven to bake until it is cooked through. Any stuffed chicken recipe that’s not cooked on the stovetop for a bit at first should take about 25-35 minutes at 375˚F or until a thermometer reads 165˚F (74˚C). If the stuffed chicken is cooked for a few minutes on a pan before placing it in the oven, the cooking time may only need to be about 20 minutes.
CAN I FREEZE COOKED STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
Stuffed chicken breast can be frozen whether they are cooked or uncooked. So many also ask if you can prep them ahead and freeze while they are raw. Here are some rules to follow for either option.
Cooked: Place the cooked stuffed chicken breast in an airtight container before you freeze. When ready, allow it to thaw in the fridge before you reheat it by either using the microwave or reheat in the oven.
Uncooked: Wrap each stuffed chicken breast individually with plastic wrap before placing them in an airtight container and storing them in the freezer. This will help keep them more fresh and you can take the exact amount needed to thaw out and bake. They should last up to 4 months in the freezer.
HOW TO CUT CHICKEN BREAST FOR STUFFING
- Place the chicken breast flat on a cutting board
- Lay your left-hand flat on the chicken breast to keep it steady for slicing.
- Using a sharp knife start slicing from the middle and thickest part of the chicken.
- Slice through all the way down until its three-quarters of the way through.
- Be careful not to slice all the way through the chicken.
I hope you love this Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Recipe. If you do then I am sure you will also love my Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Breast and this Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast. They are all low carb, easy to make, and keto-friendly.
More easy dinner recipes to try:
- Sun-dried Tomato Stuffed Salmon
- Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Creamy Chicken Potato Bake
- Mexican Grilled Chicken Bowl
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Creamy Olive Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
- 1½ lb Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 6 oz Canned Artichoke Hearts in brine drained and chopped
- ¼ Cup Sliced Kalamata Olives
- ¼ Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Prepare the chicken by carefully cutting a pocket through the sides of each breast. Don't cut all the way through as it needs to hold in the filling. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese with artichokes, olives, mozzarella, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Mix well, then taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Stuff the chicken pockets with the artichoke-olive mixture. You may need to seal the breasts with toothpicks to keep the stuffing inside.
- Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and sear for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until it starts to brown.
- Place the skillet in the oven and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside. About 20 minutes. Enjoy!