Make your own takeout with this veggie-packed Beef and Broccoli recipe that’s easy to make and a healthier option that your whole family will enjoy! Loaded with authentic flavors, this recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner option.
Easy and Simple Beef and Broccoli Recipe
First of all, this veggie-packed spin-off Chinese takeout beef broccoli recipe will leave you wanting more every time. Ready in just 30 minutes it makes a quick dinner when you are in a hurry. Great to serve over quinoa, brown rice, noodles or zucchini noodles which is also known as zoodles.
Furthermore, if you are looking for a healthy and easy beef recipe, then you are right where you want to be. This ethnic beef recipe is super tasty with very low sugar other than the tiny bit of honey that was added to it. Try this beef recipe out and I promise you will love it.
Is beef bad for health
Beef is typically high in fat and cholesterol which is usually associated with certain health conditions like heart disease. But in moderation it is ok to eat beef. Especially if its lean beef. Make sure you trim out all fat from your beef and it is always best to go with leaner beef like fillets. Red meat is actually very nutritious at the same time. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Is it healthy to eat meat every day
The recommendation is to eat about 3 portions of meat per week. This will be equivalent to a total of 12-18 oz depending on your weight. Wondering how much that it in grams, it should be about 350-500g of meat total per week. I personally eat lean meat about 1-2 times a week. Keep your portions small and try to include white meat like chicken into your diet for a variety.
Making this easy Broccoli and Beef recipe?
Please share this Beef Broccoli Recipe on Pinterest or facebook if you liked it! Also, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram by using the #healthyfitnessmeals hashtag. So, I would really love to get some feedback if you made this recipe and like it.
Also, if you love easy and simple stir-fry recipes, check these other recipes below:
- Szechuan Shrimp Stir-Fry
- Shrimp Stir-fry Noodles
- Easy Chicken Asparagus Stir-Fry
- Chicken And Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Beef and Broccoli Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Beef and Broccoli Recipe:
Beef Broccoli Recipe
- 1 pound beef steak such as flank or sirloin, thinly sliced, lean
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets. small
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth or water low sodium
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil toasted
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: 2 tablespoons sliced green onions 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the meat slices with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer - you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a bowl whisk together the oyster sauce, chicken broth, honey, sesame oil, and soy sauce. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the beef and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until the sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, topped with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.