This Beef Broccoli Recipe is one to make over and over again. Your takeout options just got better and you can make it at home!
Beef Broccoli Recipe
This veggie-packed spin-off Chinese takeout dish will leave you wanting more every time. Ready in just 30 minutes it makes a quick dinner when you are in a hurry. Great to serve over quinoa, brown rice, noodles or zucchini noodles which is also known as zoodles.
We absolutely love making this Beef Broccoli Recipe and it has become one of our favorites at our dinner table. My kids actually ask for this! This is what they ask for when i refuse to get them takeout Chinese. Even though they occasionally love some panda express, they also love mommy’s Beef Broccoli Recipe!
Please share this Beef Broccoli Recipe on Pinterest or facebook if you liked it! don’t forget to tag me on instagram by using the #healthyfitnessmeals hashtag.
If you love stir-fry recipes then try this next time: TERIYAKI CHICKEN STIR FRY
How to make this Beef Broccoli Recipe:
Beef Broccoli Recipe
- 1 pound beef steak such as flank or sirloin, thinly sliced, lean
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets. small
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth or water low sodium
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil toasted
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: 2 tablespoons sliced green onions 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the meat slices with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer - you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a bowl whisk together the oyster sauce, chicken broth, honey, sesame oil and soy sauce. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the beef and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, topped with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.