Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad
A Simple and delicious salad that's so filling and packed with veggies and nutrition. It is topped with grilled buffalo-style chicken breast and tossed in with a homemade ranch dressing.
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 4 chicken skinless boneless breasts
- 4 cups romaine or head lettuce chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado or 2 small, sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced with a mandoline
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 2/3 cup homemade ranch dressing or to taste
To a medium bowl, add all the Buffalo sauce ingredients. Add in the chicken, and toss to completely coat.
Cover the bowl and let it marinate in the fridge for up to 30 minutes.
Heat a grill pan or an outside grill over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until fully cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165F.
To a salad bowl, add the prepared veggies and top with the grilled chicken. Crumble blue cheese over and drizzle with homemade ranch dressing. Enjoy!
- Nutrition values and calories do not include the dressing. Please add the calories of the dressing based on whatever you will be using.
- Use lean chicken Breast. You may use shrimp in place of chicken if you prefer.
- What you can make ahead: marinate the chicken breast the night before. You can also make the dressing ahead to save on time.
- We used this homemade ranch dressing recipe. Use your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- Add a kick to the dressing by adding a bit of hot buffalo sauce to the ranch dressing.
- Use fresh ingredients if possible. You may add other veggies like corn.
- Store in a container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Save the dressing separately and only add it when ready to eat. Beware the avocados may change color so consider adding them last.
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 870mg | Potassium: 1246mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 8348IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 3mg