Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Skillet
Tender and juicy chicken breast cooked with broccoli on a skillet. Easy to make and ready in just 30 minutes.
- 2 lb boneless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 medium broccoli head chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Lemon wedges optional to serve
Rub the chicken with the seasonings on all sides.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until golden-brown and cooked through, about 6-7 minutes per side. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
In a small bowl whisk the almond milk and flour until smooth.
To the same pan heat the remaining oil, over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for up to 1 minute.
Pour in the almond milk mixture and stir; you should see the sauce getting thicker almost immediately as it heats up.
Add broccoli and cook for 6-8 minutes, or just until tender. Return the chicken back to the pan and continue to cook for a couple of minutes to heat up.
Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.
- Note: 4 chicken breast pictured but there should be 6-8 pieces. If the chicken breast is on the thick side, slice them into two thinner pieces to ensure even cooking.
- Seasonings: we used Italian seasoning. You may use any other seasonings you prefer for the chicken, or make your own Italian seasoning combo.
- Garlic: use fresh garlic if you have any. If you don't have fresh garlic handy, you may use garlic powder.
- Oil: any other oil will work. Olive oil, avocado oil, vegetable oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Milk: we used almond milk. But any other milk of choice will do.
- Veggies: broccoli was used in this recipe. You may use any of your favorite veggies like asparagus, Brussel sprouts, green beans, or zucchini.
- Chicken: if you would like to use boneless chicken thighs go right ahead. Nutrition facts and calories will vary slightly.
- Flour: Any flour you have should work.
Serving: 1chicken breast | Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 340mg | Potassium: 899mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 795IU | Vitamin C: 95mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 2mg