Easy Banana Date Nut Bread
Moist and fluffy healthy banana bread made with coconut oil, coconut sugar, dates, and walnuts. Easy to make and so delicious.
- 3 large spotted bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or any other flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 8 Medjool dates
Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray a loaf pan with coconut oil spray.
Remove the pit from the medjool dates and chop them into small pieces together with the walnuts. Separate the chopped dates as they tend to stick and you don’t want a big clump in your banana bread.
In a mixing bowl mash the peeled bananas with a fork. Add in the coconut oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract and whisk well to combine.
Sieve over the flours, baking soda and salt, then mix with a spatula to fully incorporate.
Fold in the chopped dates and walnuts to the mixture.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 min, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow the banana bread to completely cool before slicing it.
- Flour: Feel free to mix flour at a 50/50 ratio using any of your favorite flour. We have tested this with a 50/50 ratio of all-purpose and almond flour and it came out perfect.
- Oil: we used coconut oil but other oil can be used like vegetable oil, grapeseed oil, sunflower oil, or olive oil.
- Use a preheated oven. The bread will need a good 40-50 minutes depending on the oven. Use a toothpick to check for doneness.
- Allow the banana nut bread to cool off completely before cutting through
- You may add other toppings like chocolate chips, but not needed at all. This banana bread is sweet enough.
- Coconut sugar: You may use any other sugar like cane sugar, monk fruit, or brown sugar. Honey and Maple syrup also work but use only 1/2 cup of either honey or maple syrup.
- For a vegan option, you may use an egg substitute like flax seeds or egg replacers
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 265mg | Potassium: 380mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 109IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg