Easy Greek Chicken Salad
Greek-style salad made with loads fresh vegetables, chicken, and tossed in with an easy to make homemade greek salad dressing.
- 6 cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 pound Chicken breast boneless skinless
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup Persian or seedless cucumber chopped
- 1/2 medium Red onion chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese broken into chunks
- a few spears of fresh oregano leaves picked optional
For the Greek Dressing/marinade
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
Place the chicken breast in a ziplock bag.
Add all the dressing/marinade ingredients to a small jar. Place the lid on and shake well until emulsified. Pour 1/3 of this mixture over the chicken and mix to combine. Keep refrigerated to marinate for at least 1 hour.
Keep remaining 2/3 of the mixture in the jar, refrigerated, to use as a dressing.
Heat a large non-stick pan or grill pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Transfer the chicken on a place and allow it to sit covered for about 10-12 minutes, then slice it.
Add the lettuce to a large serving bowl.
Top with tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, olives, and sliced chicken. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Serve cold. Do not reheat or freeze.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Mixed greens or spinach can be used in place of romaine lettuce
- Any cucumber will work
- Red onions are milder but feel free to use white sweet onions
- Avocado oil in place of olive oil
- Total time does not include the marinating time since this step is optional.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 620mg | Potassium: 826mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6712IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 2mg