How to make cauliflower Alfredo sauce
Simple and easy to make healthy alfredo sauce using cauliflower, dairy-free milk, broth, garlic, and olive oil.
- 1 medium Cauliflower head about 5–6 cups cauliflower florets
- 4-6 large Garlic cloves crushed
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6-7 Cups Vegetable broth or water
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup milk dairy or non-dairy
Remove all the leaves from the cauliflower and wash thoroughly under cold running water to remove any dirt.
Start by carefully cutting through the tough core of the cauliflower.
Chop into florets. All roughly the same size.
Crush the garlic cloves.
Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Add in the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until it starts to soften.
Add in the cauliflower florets and water/vegetable broth.
Cover and bring to a boil; once the florets start to boil reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes or until fork-tender.
Remove the florets with a slotted spoon and place them in a food processor or blender, reserving the liquid. Add the milk and blend until smooth. Add more liquid if needed to reach your desired consistency.
Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the cauliflower Alfredo sauce back into the pan.
Stir in cooked spaghetti. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 7 days. Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat or added to pasta. You can freeze for up to 4 months.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Any milk would work. Feel free to use 2%, fat-free, or dairy-free for a vegan option
- You may use frozen cauliflower.
- Avocado oil, Olive oil, or butter for keto.
- Vegetable broth or water. The broth will give it more flavor.
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 978mg | Potassium: 321mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 533IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg