Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
Thick, creamy, and easy to make. Loaded with chicken and your favorite Tex-Mex ingredients.
- 1 Tbsp Butter or Ghee or avocado oil
- 1 Medium Onion diced
- 2 Celery Stalks sliced
- 1 Medium Carrot thinly sliced
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper diced
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1½ Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 15 oz Diced fire-roasted Tomatoes 1 can
- ¼ Cup Tomato Paste
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 14.5 oz Red Kidney Beans rinsed, 1 can
- 14.5 oz Black Beans rinsed, 1 can
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Sweet Corn
- 2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 1 Cup Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend
- Salt and pepper, to your taste
Melt butter or ghee (add avocado oil is using) in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
Add onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper, garlic and cook until softens, about 5-6 minutes.
Stir in seasonings, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until veggies are very tender.
Remove from heat and using a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy. Place the soup back over medium heat and add in beans, corn and shredded cooked chicken.
Stir to combine and boil for a couple of minutes, just to heat it all up.
Then pour into bowls and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 5-7 days. Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat. You can freeze for up to 3-4 months.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Fresh, frozen, or canned corn
- Oil- avocado, olive oil, or vegetable oil
- Try Shredded turkey, ground chicken or ground turkey
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 444mg | Potassium: 1121mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3542IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 223mg | Iron: 6mg