Chili Mac and Cheese
Two comforting meals combined to make a perfectly delicious lunch or dinner
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 7 oz Dried Pasta (I used gluten-free corn macaroni) or whole wheat
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet Onion diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 3 Cups Chopped Button Mushrooms
- 1 15 oz Can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 OZ Can Red Kidney Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 15 oz Can Tomato Paste
- 1 8 oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 ½ Tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Cups Broth of choice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- grated cheddar cheese, yogurt or sour cream, Freshly chopped coriander, sliced green onions, sliced avocado etc.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic, peppers, and mushrooms. Sauté until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Stir in beans, diced tomatoes, corn and spices and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Add the pasta, tomato paste, and broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for about 8-10 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked.
Pour into bowls and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 498mg | Potassium: 638mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1530IU | Vitamin C: 46.4mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 3.4mg