Vegetable Minestrone Soup recipe
A hearty soup filled with an assortment of veggies, beans, and whole wheat pasta.
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Carrots halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 Celery Stalks sliced
- 1 Russet Potato peeled and diced
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 14 ounce Can Diced Tomatoes organic
- 1 Large Zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 8 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce organic
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 15 Ounce Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Whole Wheat Macaroni Use Gluten-free Option
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese For Serving Optional for non-vegans
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and potato to the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are browned and starting to soften 4-5 minutes.
Add the garlic to the pot and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the Italian seasoning, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken broth to the pot.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in the kidney beans and pasta. Simmer until pasta is tender, approximately 6 minutes or according to cook time on pasta package.
Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with parsley and serve, topped with parmesan cheese.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 980mg | Potassium: 638mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5775IU | Vitamin C: 22.4mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1.9mg