Blueberry Banana Bread
Moist, fluffy, and easy banana bread, is made with flour, fresh blueberries, coconut oil, and other simple and clean ingredients to make this banana bread lighter without missing out on taste.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour ** see notes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar coconut sugar or honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas about 1 ¼ cups
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a loaf pan and set aside.In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix it well and set it aside.
In another bowl beat the egg and sugar for a minute with a hand blender or whisk.
Add oil, yogurt, vanilla extract, and add the mashed banana and mix until well combined.
To the wet mixture slowly add the flour mixture and combine until everything is well incorporated.
Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. (Coat the blueberries with a tablespoon of flour and then add it to the batter)
Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake them for 55-65 minutes, until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Once done, cool the bread on the wire rack for 10 minutes.
Slice and serve the banana bread to enjoy.
- Serving size: one slice
- Blueberries: you may use fresh or frozen blueberries
- Flour: We used all-purpose flour. You may change this up and use/mix the following: gluten-free flour, oat flour, and whole-wheat flour.
- Sugar: we used brown sugar but you may use any other sugar of your choice like vane sugar, monk fruit sugar, or honey.
- Yogurt: if you don't like Greek yogurt, you may use plain unflavored yogurt.
- Coconut oil: If you do not have coconut oil, use any other neutral-tasting oil.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 288mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 83IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg