Italian Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
Simple and easy chicken breast recipe stuffed with spinach, 3 cheese blend, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and Herbs. Tender, juicy, and rich.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 4 oz frozen spinach thawed and squeezed
- 8 oz cream cheese divided
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil separated from the oil, and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves minced and divided
- 2 shallots diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
Cut a lengthways pocket to each chicken breast. Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and dried basil on both sides and into the pocket too.
In a medium bowl, combine the spinach, half of the cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, parmesan, and half of the garlic.
Stuff the chicken pockets with spinach mixture. Seal each with a toothpick.
Heat the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the stuffed chicken and sear until golden on both sides, about 8-10 minutes in total. Set aside on a plate.
To the same skillet, add the remaining garlic together with the shallots and saute for 30 seconds.
Pour the stock and simmer over medium heat for a couple of minutes to deglaze the pan. Stir in the remaining cream cheese.
Return the chicken to the pan and into the sauce, and spoon the hot sauce over.
Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temp shows 165F.
- Serving size: one stuffed chicken breast.
- Use any oil of choice.
- Sun-dried tomatoes can be packed in oil or dried in bags.
- Spinach can be fresh or frozen.
- Use boneless and skinless chicken breast
Calories: 514kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 1161mg | Potassium: 957mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4448IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 284mg | Iron: 3mg