This healthy Blackened Salmon recipe is quickly cooked on the stovetop then baked in the oven until perfectly flaky and done.
Servings 2 servings
- 10 ounces salmon fillets divided, 5 ounces each, skinless
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspono oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 limes one squeezed, the other quartered
In a small bowl combine all the seasonings.
Coat the salmon fillets with ½ tablespoon of oil, then rub with the seasoning mix all over.
Heat the remaining oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400F.
Cook the salmon fillets for around 2 minutes per side, or until blackened.
Squeeze over the lime juice and finish it off by cooking in the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the salmon is flaky.
Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
- You can make different kinds of seafood such as blackened mahi-mahi, tuna, swordfish, shrimp, redfish, blackened catfish, etc.
- Add some cayenne pepper to the seasoning mix for spice.
- Make grilled blackened salmon rather than baked salmon. Want to just cook it on a skillet on your stovetop go right ahead.
- Use skin-on or skinless salmon filets
- Serve the salmon with cream sauce.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 803mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 587IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg