Baked Honey Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
Tender and juicy chicken breast recipe made with honey, lemon, potatoes, and then baked to perfection.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 4 small chicken breasts around 6 oz each, boneless and skinless
- 1 lb baby potatoes sliced into ¼-inch thick discs
- Fresh parsley chopped, to garnish
- Lemon wedges to garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
To a small jar, add the lemon juice, honey, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Shake well to emulsify.
To a medium bowl, add the chicken and ½ of the marinade. Mix well, then cover and let it marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Pour the remaining marinade over the potatoes and arrange it onto the prepared baking tray.
Add the chicken next to the potatoes and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is fully cooked through (165 F internal temperature).
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
- do not overbake the chicken. it will dry out and get rubbery.
- For crispier potatoes, slice them thinner
- use fresh ingredients: lemon juice and garlic.
- you can use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts if you prefer.
Calories: 535kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 343mg | Potassium: 1352mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 71IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg