Steel Cut Oats Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Easy to make oatmeal breakfast bowl topped with sliced bananas, peanut butter, and roasted peanuts.
- 4 cups almond milk
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3 large overripe bananas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts chopped
To a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the milk and steel-cut oats.
Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once the time is almost up, and the oatmeal is dense and creamy, peel and mash the bananas.
Add the mashed bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup, peanut butter, and mix well.
Add the chopped peanuts and serve warm with banana slices and extra maple syrup.
- The Nutrition facts include bananas, peanut butter, and roasted peanuts.
- Top with any other toppings of choice. Swap the bananas with apples or pairs.
- Use berries for a lower calorie option.
- You can use any other nut butter in place of peanut butter.
- Store the cooked oatmeal in the fridge for up to 7 days and reheat when ready to serve.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 416mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 359mg | Iron: 2mg