Avocado Toast with Eggs
Easy and simple avocado toast served with sunny side up fried eggs and pickled onions.
- 4 slices whole-grain bread or bread of choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 small ripe avocados or 1 large , seeded and peeled
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pickled red onions
Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Lay the bread slices and toast them until crisp and golden brown on both sides. Set aside.
Alternatively, you can toast the bread in a toaster.
To the same preheated pan, heat the oil on medium-low heat. Crack in the eggs, cook them for about 6-8 minutes, or until the whites are fully set and the yolk is cooked to your favorite doneness.
Meanwhile, to a shallow plate, mash the avocado with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
To assemble the toast, spread a spoonful of mashed avocado over the toast.
Top with 1 fried egg and season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve with pickled red onion and enjoy!
- The serving size is one toast topped with one fried egg.
- Use any bread of choice.
- Do not use hard and unripe avocados. Go for a ripe but firm avocado.
- Any oil of choice will work.
- Pickled onions are optional but make for a great addition. you may use capers instead.
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 271mg | Potassium: 617mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 419IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg