This Cowboy Caviar is the ultimate recipe! Texas cowboy caviar is filled with fresh and flavorful ingredients you will love such as corn, tomatoes, beans, and so much more.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tbsp honey
- Black pepper to taste
- 15 ounces canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces canned corn drained
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2 tomatoes large; seeded and diced
- 1 bunch cilantro finely chopped
- 2 ripe but firm avocados diced
To a small jar, add all the dressing ingredients and vigorously shake to emulsify.
Start by cutting the veggies into small cubes and finely chop the cilantro. Add them to a large salad bowl.
Pour the dressing over the veggies and toss well to combine.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- You can use maple syrup instead of honey.
- If making this dish in advance, omit the avocado until ready to serve.
- Feel free to use frozen or fresh corn kernels instead of canned corn.
- Use any type of bean you would like.
- Omit the cilantro if you'd like.
- Skip the jalapeño if you'd prefer this to be a bit milder.
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 298mg | Potassium: 621mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 892IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg