Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Easy and simpel salad laoded with fresh veggies and topped with tender and juicy grilled chicken breast. Then tossed in a tangy citrus salad dressing.
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce washed and spinned
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 lb mixed garden tomatoes
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 avocado sliced or chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives or black olives, sliced
- Lemon wedges to serve
Add all dressing ingredients to a jar, put the lid on and shake vigorously to combine.
Place the chicken in a ziploc bag and pour in half of the dressing. Mix through the bag to coat the chicken and allow it to marinate for 30 minutes.
Keep the remaining half to use over the salad; make sure it doesn't touch the raw meat.
Meanwhile, prepare all the salad ingredients.
Preheat a grill pan or your outside grill on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
Once the chicken is done, allow it to sit for a bit, then chop it.
To a large salad bowl add all the salad ingredients, and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Toss with tongs to combine the salad. Serve and enjoy!
- Use only fresh vegetables to make this Mediterranean chicken salad
- You may use any other cucumber
- We prefer that you use kalamata olives for the best possible flavor
- Instead of chicken breast, you can use boneless chicken thighs
- Use avocado or olive oil
- Romaine lettuce is preferred but you may use any of your favorite greens
- If you plan on making this ahead, prep and cut the veggies and set aside. Do not mix the salad with the dressing. Mix and store the dressing separately.
- Be sure to use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 397mg | Potassium: 1270mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5465IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 3mg