Tuna Macaroni Salad
Easy to make macaroni salad with bell peppers, tuna, frozen peas, celery, onions, and tossed in with a homemade dressing.
- 8 oz whole wheat macaroni
- 8 oz canned albacore white tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and allow it to cool.
In a salad bowl add all the remaining ingredients for the salad.
In a small bowl whisk well the dressing ingredients
Once the pasta is chill, add it to the salad bowl together with the dressing.
Toss to combine, then serve.
- Pasta: Use your favorite pasta, gluten-free, whole wheat, or lentil pasta
- Mayo: you may use light or miracle whip. You may skip the mayo and only use yogurt.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- This macaroni pasta salad is best served cold. The dressing will soak in and get absorbed better.
- Add in other veggies that are crunchy like pickles, carrots, or corn.
- Serves about 6-8. Serving size is about one cup
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 314mg | Potassium: 401mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 899IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2mg