Chocolate Chip Baked Oats
Easy Baked oats recipe made with a handful of healthy ingredients and ready in just 30 minutes.
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk or any milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Nut Butter I use peanut butter. Any other nut butter works
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup or honey
- 2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/8 tsp Salt
Preheat the oven to 375 F
Place all ingredients into the blender. Except for the chocolate chips.
Blend for one minute until all ingredients are well blended.
Pour the batter equally into two greased ramekins. Add half a tablespoon of chocolate chips into the batter and mix it in. Top with the other half tablespoon of chocolate chips.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean
Let it cool and serve!
If you don't get to finish this you can simply cover it and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
- Oats: Do not use steel-cut oats, You may use quick oats if you don't have rolled oats. If you don't have any oats, use 3/4 cup of white, wheat, or oat flour.
- Egg: There are egg substitutes out there that you can use to replace the egg. But other options that you may consider with ingredients you already have at home are flaxseed, yogurt, buttermilk, silken tofu, applesauce. replace 1 egg with 1/4 cup of all the above. If you are replacing it with flaxseed, mix 1 tablespoon of flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water.
- Milk: Any milk will work in this recipe.
- Nut butter: We used peanut butter, but you can use any nut butter like almond butter or cashew butter.
- Sweetener: We used maple syrup, but you can use honey or agave. If you want to use coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener it's fine too.
Calories: 425kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 665mg | Potassium: 496mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 157IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 3mg