Strawberry Spinach Salad
A simple spinach salad recipe made with added strawberries, tossed in with a delicious mustard dressing, and topped with pecans and feta cheesee.
- 1/2 small red onion very thinly sliced
- 8 oz fresh baby spinach
- 8 oz fresh strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup raw pecans or walnuts chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 small garlic clove grated or minced
- ¼ tsp kosher salt more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Soak the onion in very cold water for up to 15 minutes if you prefer a milder taste. Then drain and pat dry with a paper towel
Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients: wash and spin dry the spinach, hull and quarter the strawberries, chop the nuts.
To a large serving bowl add the spinach, onions, strawberries, nuts, and half of the crumbled cheese. Drizzle the dressing and gently stir to combine.
Top with remaining crumbled cheese and serve!
- Spinach: Use any other greens of choice
- Nuts: We used pecans, but you can use walnuts
- Cheese: Instead of feta cheese, you can use blue or goat cheese
- Honey: Use maple syrup instead
- Oil: instead of olive oil, you may use another oil like grapeseed oil or avocado oil
- Make ahead: prepare salad without dressing. Make and store the dressing separately and toss it in with the salad when ready to eat.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 591mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 5455IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 2mg