Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
This Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bowl is packed with flavor and loaded with goodness, a great way to kick off your day!
Servings 4 servings
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup apple puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey for non-vegan option
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or any other nut butter
- 1-2 apples of choice sliced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pecans
- Extra peanut butter to drizzle (optional)
Add the water to a small pot. Stir in the cinnamon and a pinch of salt and bring to boil over high heat.
Once it starts to boil, add the oats and reduce the heat to a medium. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes.
Stir in the apple puree, peanut butter and maple syrup and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Turn the heat off, cover the pot and allow the oatmeal to sit for 5-10 minutes. Add oatmeal to bowls and top as desired.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Make sure to bring the water to a boil before you add the oats, this keeps the oats from absorbing too much water.
- Be sure to let the oatmeal rest for at least 5 mins before serving.
- Play around with texture by adding your favorite nuts or seeds – this oatmeal bowl is super versatile!
- If you don’t want to use peanut butter, you can swap it for almond butter or cashew butter.
- Use honey, coconut sugar, or agave if you don't have maple syrup.
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 248mg | Potassium: 396mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 2mg