Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
Tender Brussel sprouts in a creamy garlic parmesan sauce, roasted to perfection.
- 1-1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1.5 pounds Brussels sprouts
- Kosher Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1-1/4 cup stock chicken, or vegetable stock
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese to garnish
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
Trim the base and remove any yellow or damaged leaves of Brussels sprouts.
Wash the Brussels sprouts under cold running water, then pat dry with a paper towel. Cut the Brussels sprouts into half.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat until shimmering. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
Stir in Brussels sprouts, salt, and pepper. Cook without stirring too much, until sprouts turn golden brown in spots, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
Into the same pan pour in the broth and bring to a gentle simmer.
Add in the cream cheese; simmer for 3-4 minutes, whisking constantly until creamy and thickened.
Return the Brussels sprouts back into the pan, and continue to cook until tender. About 5-7 minutes. Check doneness with a fork.
Take off the heat and sprinkle with parmesan and freshly chopped parsley.
- Preferably use fresh Brussel sprouts. You may use frozen but allow it to thaw completely and drain before using.
- Oil: You may use any oil or butter
- Garlic: Using fresh garlic is preferred. If you need to substitute with garlic powder use one tablespoon.
- Stock/broth: Use either chicken or vegetable stock.
- Cream Cheese: You can use low-fat or fat-free cream cheese.
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated will give you the best flavor but you may use store-bought.
Serving: 1-cup | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 380mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1145IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1mg