Baked Pesto Salmon
This Baked Pesto Salmon recipe is made with just 4 ingredients and done in 20 minutes. The oven-baked filets are moist, healthy, and so flavorful. This is an easy and delicious weeknight dinner.
- 12 oz salmon fillets
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup homemade pesto sauce divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 425F.
Season the salmon fillets with some salt and pepper. Lay the fish, skin-side-down, in a baking dish, large enough to fit the salmon and tomatoes.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of the pesto sauce over the fish. Spread evenly to cover the fillets. Add cherry tomatoes to the sides of the fish.
Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the fish is opaque and begins to flake with a fork.
Transfer the fish to a serving platter and serve with remaining pesto sauce on top. Serve immediately!
- Salmon: Use fresh, high-quality fish. You can also substitute any other fish of choice.
- Pesto sauce: This homemade pesto recipe is easy, healthy, and really flavorful. You can also substitute store-bought pesto sauce.
- Cherry tomatoes: Also called grape tomatoes. You can use any variety, including yellow, orange, or heirloom cherry tomatoes.
- Careful not to overcook. Salmon is moist and flaky when not overbaked. Cook the salmon to 140-145°F (it will continue cooking slightly in the hot pan).
- Storage and freezing: Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat. You can also wrap it gently and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat until warmed through.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 316mg | Potassium: 675mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1029IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg