Creamy Cajun Chicken Recipe
This Creamy Cajun Chicken recipe is made with a juicy, golden, pan-fried chicken in a cajun spiced cream sauce. It's ready in less than 20 minutes! Great with pasta, rice, or zoodles.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound chicken breast boneless skinless
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Rub the chicken with 1/2 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, some salt, and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
Once hot add the chicken and sear for about 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
As soon as the chicken is done, set aside on a plate and cover to keep warm. Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil and garlic. Sauté until fragrant.
Pour the chicken broth, reduce the heat to low and let simmer for few minutes, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in cream cheese and remaining 1/2 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, mix well.
Add cooked chicken and let it simmer until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is cooked through.
Once done, remove from the heat and add parmesan cheese. Mix well and spoon the cheesy sauce on top of the chicken to coat well.
Taste and adjust the salt and pepper, if needed.
- You can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs but adjust the cooking time as needed.
- To check your chicken is done it's always best to use a meat thermometer. Stick the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken, if it reads 165F then it's done.
- Ideally opt for low salt Cajun seasoning, to control your sodium intake.
- You can use full-fat or low-fat cream cheese.
- Instead of cream cheese, you can use light coconut milk (the canned version)
- It's best to use a deeper pan/skillet, so your sauce doesn't overflow!
- If your chicken breasts are on the thick side, consider slicing them lengthwise so that you have 2 pieces that are half as thick.
- Top with some fresh parsley for a pop of freshness.
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 639mg | Potassium: 565mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1349IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 1mg