Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon
Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon is tender, juicy salmon covered in a sweet, sticky honey sauce. Easy to make in the air fryer and done in under 30 minutes.
- 4 salmon fillets skin on
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ tsp kosher salt or to taste
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp crushed chili flakes or to taste
Place the salmon fillets into a shallow dish. Whisk soy sauce, oil, salt, and pepper to a small mixing bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salmon fillets and gently rub all over the fish. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile preheat the air fryer to 425°F.
Place the fillets into the air fryer basket, skin side down, and cook at 400°F for 8 minutes.
Lightly brush with honey and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chili flakes. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Serve with your favorite side, like cooked rice and enjoy!
- Salmon: Use fresh, high-quality salmon.
- Sesame oil: You can substitute olive oil, grape seed oil, or avocado oil, but the sesame oil adds extra flavor.
- Honey: You can substitute maple syrup if needed.
- Chili flakes: The slight spice balances the sweet honey, but they can be left out if desired.
- Use the same size filets. This will help the salmon cook evenly.
- Don't overcrowd the baskets. If the salmon is all touching or overlapping, it won't get crispy on the edges. Cook in two batches if needed.
- Don't overcook it. The cooking time depends on the thickness of the filets and the specific air fryer. Check the doneness with a fork. Salmon is done when it is opaque and easily flakes.
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: Wrap tightly or store in an air-tight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 356mg | Potassium: 833mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2mg