How to make Healthy Thai Peanut Dressing
Healthy Thai Peanut Dressing is a creamy, flavorful dressing perfect for salads, noodle dishes, or dipping fresh veggies.
Servings 5 (1 cup)
- ½ cup drippy peanut butter all-natural and unsweetened
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos for gluten-free
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp chili powder or to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- 2-3 garlic cloves grated
- 1 tbsp ginger root grated
- 2-4 tbsp warm water to thin the sauce
In a small mixing bowl add the peanut butter, garlic and ginger.
Stir in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, chili powder, and lime juice. Mix well until combined.
If mixture is too thick, add warm water until desired consistency is reached.
Transfer dressing to a serving bowl and serve. Store in an air-tight container or jar in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
- Drippy peanut butter: This is all-natural, unsweetened peanut butter that doesn’t have the extra sugar commonly found in regular peanut butter. It also doesn’t have the extra ingredient that binds it together, so the oil often separates to the top. Mix the peanut butter well before measuring.
- Soy sauce: Use low sodium for a healthier option, or substitute with coconut amino. Both have a slightly salty flavoring that pairs well with this recipe.
- Lime juice: Use freshly squeezed juice, not the bottled stuff from the store. It makes all the difference in flavor.
- Garlic cloves: For the texture of the sauce, it is better to grate the cloves on a Microplane rather than to mince them.
- Ginger root: My favorite trick for ginger is to peel the skin off with the back of a spoon and then freeze the whole root in a zipper bag. When ready to use, grate it over a Microplane from frozen to make it super easy. Then pop the leftover back in the freezer for next time.
- Storing: Store in a jar or air-tight container in the fridge for up to 6 days.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg