Crab Corn Tomato Salad
easy tomato salad with corn, bell peppers, and crab meat, tossed in a zesty honey mustard dressing.
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels about 2 ears
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 pound crabmeat chopped
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved
In a mixing bowl, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, honey, and Dijon mustard. Mix until well combined.
Season with some salt and pepper, whisk again and set aside.
Thinly slice the basil leaves and chop the pepper and onion. Cut the tomatoes in quarters.
Now combine the corn, crabmeat, red pepper, onion, basil, and tomatoes to a large bowl.
Pour the dressing on top of the veggies and toss until well coated with a super delicious dressing. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Cover the bowl with a cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to enhance the flavors. Toss the salad twice during the chilling process.
Serve and enjoy!
Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Serve cold. Do not freeze.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used
- lime will work in place of lemon
- use maple syrup in place of honey
- in place of red onions use sweet onions
- if you don have any olive oil, use avocado or grapeseed oil
- to make this vegan or vegetarian, skip the crab meat and maple syrup
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 845mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 556IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg