Grilled Pineapple Shrimp skewers with Coconut Dip
Grilled Pineapple Shrimp Skewers are sunshine on a stick! These seafood kabobs are slightly spicy, sweet, savory, and utterly delicious. Easy to make with a creamy, homemade coconut dip they are perfect for BBQs and summer parties.
Servings 4 servings
For the coconut sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce or to taste
- 1 tsp lime juice
For the grilled shrimp:
- 1 pound 20-25 or 16-20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 slices pineapple cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- Optional: chopped curly parsley to garnish
To make the coconut sauce:
Add the coconut yogurt, together with sriracha sauce and lime juice to a small bowl;
whisk well and refrigerate until ready to use.
To make the skewers:
Soak the skewers in water for 10 to 20 minutes.
Alternately thread shrimps and pineapple slices onto the skewers.
To cook the shrimp skewers:
Brush the grill grate with some oil and preheat at high for 5 minutes.
Place the skewers over the grill and cook for about 2 minutes per side.
Once done, place on a serving plate and serve with the coconut sauce.
- To save time, buy tail-on shrimp that are already peeled and deveined.
- Use raw shrimp, pre-cooked shrimp will turn rubbery and tough when cooked again.
- Refrigerate the coconut sauce until ready to use.
- Before using them, soak the skewers in water for 10 to 20 mins to avoid burning. Or you can invest in some metal skewers.
- Use a preheated grill.
- You can use an outdoor grill, grill pan, or broiler to make these shrimp skewers.
- You don't have to keep the tails on the shrimp, but it does make for a nice presentation!
- Brush the grill with some oil before cooking the shrimp, this allows you to flip the shrimp without tearing.
- Don't overcook the shrimp. Shrimp cook quickly, you only need 2-3 mins per side. You know they're done when the shrimps turn pink and opaque
- Garnish the shrimp with parsley or try some basil.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 288mg | Sodium: 1220mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 226mg | Iron: 3mg