Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
Easy and healthy banana bread recipe made using whole wheat flour, bananas, coconut oil, honey, and other pantry staple ingredient.
Servings 10 -12 slices
- 1 ¾ Cup White whole wheat flour
- 3 large Ripe bananas mashed, about 1 cup
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup Milk of choice we used almond milk
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
Preheat oven to 350F
In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix and set aside
Next, using a separate bowl, mix the mashed bananas, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, eggs, and milk.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry flour ingredient. Mix together until well combined.
Using cooking spray, grease the bread pan, and pour the batter into the pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cover and place leftovers in the fridge for up to 5-7 days. Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat. You cover with plastic wraps and then with foil before freezing for up to 3 months.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Flour - we used whole wheat flour, but you can use a mix of different flours like gluten-free, white, spelt flour, or oat flour.
- Sweetener: you may use honey, agave, maple syrup, or any other sweetener like monk fruit sweetener.
- Make sure you use ripe bananas
- Oil: Any neutral oil will work. We love using coconut oil
- Milk: we used almond milk, but you can use any milk of choice
- SERVING SIZE: 1 SLICE
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 258mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg