Simple tomato-based pasta made with lean ground beef, onions, peppers, and marinara sauce. Enjoy cheeseburger without buns!
- 1 lb. Ground lean beef or turkey
- 1 tbsp. Smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Bell peppers seeded and diced
- 1 Sweet onion diced
- 8 oz. Dry pasta of choice whole wheat, gluten-free, or lentil
- 18 oz. Marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese Light or fat-free
- 2-3 Pickled cucumbers sliced to garnish
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add ground meat and cook until no longer pink, about 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika and season to taste.
Stir in the marinara sauce, bell peppers, onions, then lower the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot with salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions; once the pasta is al dente, reserve about 3/4 cup of pasta water then drain.
While the pot is still on the heat, add the pasta and reserved water over the beef sauce, and stir well to coat.
Add mozzarella cheese and let it sit for about 2 minutes until cheese is melted, then remove from heat.
Serve with pickled cucumbers and Enjoy!
Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat. You can freeze for up to 3 months.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Meat: use any meat of choice, lean beef, or ground turkey.
- Pasta: Whole wheat, plain, gluten-free, lentil, or chickpea pasta will work.
- Marinara sauce: use your favorite brand or make your own.
Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 542mg | Potassium: 730mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2866IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 3mg