Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Creamy chicken Tuscan style made with chicken breast, anchovies, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, capers, fresh spinach, almond milk, and some herbs.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 Chicken Breasts skinless and boneless
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper coarse
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 oz Sun-dried tomatoes chopped about 1/4 cup
- 1 oz. Anchovies minced (optional)
- 10.5 oz Artichoke hearts drained and halved, one can
- 2 tbsp Capers with juice
- 6 oz Spinach fresh
- 1 1/3 cup Almond milk
- 1 tbsp Corn starch
- Kosher salt to taste
Season the chicken with paprika, garlic powder, Italian seasoning blend, salt, and pepper. Using your clean hands, rub the seasonings on all sides.
Heat a large non-stick pan. Add oil and heat until shimmering.
Carefully place the chicken breast into the hot oil and cook until nicely golden brown about 5-7 minutes each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Using the same pan, add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add sun-dried tomatoes, anchovies, artichokes, and capers. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes until tomatoes are slightly softened.
Meanwhile, whisk almond milk and cornstarch to a small bowl.
Pour the milk mixture over and season with some salt; allow it to let simmer for 2-3 minutes to thicken. Add spinach and cook stirring constantly until the spinach is wilted.
Return the cooked chicken to the skillet, spoon the sauce over and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce starts to bubble again.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels to get rid of excess moisture. If using frozen, make sure the chicken breasts are completely thawed before using.
- Use a large skillet (stainless steel, cast iron, or non-stick).
- Make sure to cook the garlic until it's fragrant.
- Serve with zoodles or spaghetti squash for a low carb meal. Try it with some quinoa too!
- If you don't have Italian seasoning, you can use a mix of basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme.
- Anchovies are optional.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 968mg | Potassium: 1494mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 4391IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 204mg | Iron: 5mg