Easy Vegetarian Bean Chili
Easy vegetarian chili recipe made with beans, corn, and quinoa. Tossed in with tomatoes and bold chili flavors.
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Red Onion diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 14 oz Diced Tomatoes With Juices one can
- 28 oz Crushed Tomatoes 2 cans
- 1 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 5 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 15 oz Red Kidney Beans drained and rinsed one can
- 30 oz Black Beans drained and rinsed 2 cans
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn thawed
- 7 oz Diced Green Chiles one can
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, avocado, cilantro
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and sauté until translucent.
Stir in garlic and cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Next, add diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and broth, mix until well combined.
Stir in beans, corn, quinoa, and green chiles. Season with chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, cocoa powder, salt, and pepper.
Reduce the heat to low, cover and let everything simmer until quinoa is cooked through about 15-20 minutes.
Make sure you stir every now and then to avoid burning on the bottom of the pan.
Immediately transfer it to a serving dish, top with shredded cheese and your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1238mg | Potassium: 1248mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1459IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 8mg